Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Decisions!!! SO hard sometimes!

Hi all!
So, I'm making this new mirror. At first, it was going to be black (just were the black is now) and the petals and the rest was supposed to be red, orange, yellow... "on fire" (after my 45 minutes of fame in the homepage of Etsy with my "coasters on fire" yeyh!!!!). But, when I was taking out of the box the redish colors, a pink color that I'd never used came out, and just couldn't resist the mix with the blac, the mirrors, well, I found it so chic!!! Don't you think? But I had to look for other colors to combine. That wasn't easy, pink is not an easy color and specially for someone who doesn't like pink that much (that's me). Ok, so I got to this two related colors, peach and apricot. I really love how they go together with the pink! Well, I knew I was going to use another extra color, but I thought I would decide later.

So, here I am, trying to decide not only about the last color, but how to finish the mosaic. These are the possibilities (conterwise):
1. Use light gray, "framing" the flowerish design. I like the demarcation of the petals in this.
2. The same, but with a darker gray.
3. Totally different. Keep filling the space with petals. The small rest on the edges will only have grout. I like the fact of not using small pieces on the edges, and that I'll be able to use the pink again on the edges (did I mention I only have 9 tiles left of that color?). But I doesn't brings out the petal design.
4. Same as 1 and 2, but in purple. I really like this combination, but the original idea was to make something chic, not something too colorish. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of being too conservative in my mosaics. I don;t think that "adds" to my style.

What do you think????

No comments: